TurboTax is the top tax preparation software by Intuit, updated frequently for security and user attractiveness. It is user friendly for simple tax needs. To purchase TurboTax, visit turbotax.ca/download. TurboTax promises maximum refunds, accuracy, and a money back guarantee.
What is TurboTax License Code?
The 16 digit license code is a combination of letters and numbers (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX) that verifies the software and allows you to finish installing and begin using TurboTax.
Where to Find the License Code?
- On the CD box insert, envelope, or packing slip.
- In the download confirmation email and/or order history.
How to Download TurboTax Software in Windows?
To download TurboTax software on your Windows computer, follow these steps:
- Go to turbotax.ca/download and choose the version of the software you want to download (such as TurboTax Deluxe or TurboTax Premier).
- Click on the “Download” button for the Windows version of the software.
- If prompted, select the location on your computer where you want to save the downloaded file.
- Wait for the download to complete. The time it takes to download may vary depending on your internet connection speed.
- Once the download is complete, go to the location where you saved the file and double-click on it to begin the installation process.
- Follow the prompts to install the software on your computer.
- Once the installation is complete, you can launch TurboTax and start using the software.
Steps to install & activate Turbotax.ca/download without CD
- Enter your User ID & password sign in your TurboTax account.
- Select the ‘Download’ tab to start downloading the version you wish.
- Once downloaded, find that file name with these extensions ‘turbotax.exe’ or .dmg depending on your operating system.
- You have to run that installer file by clicking on it.
- Tap on ‘Install’ and enter the activation code.
- Choose ‘Continue’ to complete the entire process successfully.
- Open the TurboTax application to begin using it.
Steps to install & activate TurboTax with CD
To install & activate TurboTax with CD, make sure you have closed all the running programs of your system then follow these steps –
- Once an order confirmed, you will get a TurboTax CD.
- Insert that TurboTax CD on your system’s drive carefully.
- Go to ‘Run’ window by pressing the Windows+R keys simultaneously.
- Choose the ‘Browse’ option to locate CD on your drive.
- You have to double-click the file ‘setup.exe’ to start installing.
- It will ask you to enter the activation code.
- Installation & activation will be done after entering that code.
Can we use a license code for TurboTax online?
A license code is not entered online or used with the TurboTax online editions. It is only used with the TurboTax software that you downloaded on a personal computer from the TurboTax CD or Download. Install the software on your personal computer and do NOT use the TurboTax online editions since you purchased the software.
You can also use the CD to install TT for multiple computers (5 total times) if you intend to use on both a Mac and a Windows PC.